Independent Arts are pleased to once again be supported by The Wight Proms in 2021 as the associated charity of the event.
The four-day festival celebrating comedy, opera, musical theatre, and of course the ‘Last Wight of the Proms’ on 19-22 August takes place at Northwood House, Cowes, and features acts such as Angelos Epithemiou, Britain's Got Talent's Lucy Kay and the Wight Proms Concert Orchestra.
When purchasing tickets, festival goers will be able to add an optional donation to Independent Arts.
In addition to this, the charitiy's staff and volunteers will be on site throughout the weekend giving customers the chance to win great prizes in a free prize draw and providing information about Independent Arts work changing lives through arts on the Isle of Wight.
The prize draw, available only to Wight Proms ticket holders, will offer the chance to win a ‘Wight Hamper’ containing £150 worth of Isle of Wight produce, including many Garlic Farm goods, Mermaid Gin, Tomato Stall and local cheeses. As well as this great prize, you can also win a voucher for local restaurant, Smoking Lobster, or, kindly donated by Wight Proms, two free tickets to Wight Proms 2022!
Independent Arts CEO, Lisa Gagliani MBE, said,
"Wight Proms is a wonderful outdoor celebration of the arts on the Island and we are thrilled to be chosen to be the associated charity again. Our participants have relished every contact we’ve made through the pandemic, whether it was a friendly telephone call, a Zoom SingAbout or a chat about their mental health. Now that we are resuming our work using the arts in care homes, in the community and in our creative hub, we look forward to making new friends of The Wight Proms festival-goers.”
Independent Arts is an arts for wellbeing charity working with Isle of Wight residents to reduce isolation and change lives through arts.
To be drawn at The Wight Proms on 22 August 2021
1. Our prize draw and competitions are organised by Independent Arts, 48-49 High Street, Newport, IOW, PO30 1SE registered with the Charity Commission for England and Wales under number 297474.
2. Entries received after the stated closing date 22/8/2021 will not be accepted.
3. Our prize draw and competitions are free to enter, and no purchase is necessary.
4. Independent Arts will not accept responsibility for entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any postal failure, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind.
5. By submitting an entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. If you have any questions, please contact [email protected]
6. Independent Arts reserves the right to refuse entry or refuse to award the prize to anyone in breach of these terms and conditions.
7. Unless otherwise stated, our prize draws and competitions are open to all except employees of the Independent Arts and Wight Proms, their families, agents or any third party directly associated with administration of the prize draw.
8. Entrants must be over 18 years of age, because the prize includes alcohol.
9. Only one entry per person is permitted.
10. In entering, you confirm that you are eligible to do so and eligible to claim any prize you may win. Independent Arts may require you to provide proof that you are eligible to enter the prize draw or competition.
11. Independent Arts reserves all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the prize draw or competition.
12. A winner will be chosen by random draw performed by the Chair of Trustees within one month of the prize draw or competition ending.
13. The winner will receive details of the prize.
14. The winner will be notified by email or telephone (using details provided at entry) within 7 days of being chosen and must provide a postal address to claim their prize. If a winner does not respond to the Independent Arts within 14 days of being notified, then the winner’s prize will be forfeited, and the Independent Arts will be entitled to select another winner in accordance with the process described above.
15. The prize will be sent to the winner within 14 days of responding to Independent Arts.
16. The prize is non-exchangeable, non-transferable and no cash alternative is offered. Independent Arts reserves the right to replace the prize with an alternative prize of equal or higher value if circumstances beyond the Independent Art’s control makes it necessary to do so.
17. The decision of the Independent Arts regarding any aspect of the prize draw or competition is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into about it.
18. The winner’s name and county can be obtained by sending a stamped addressed envelope to Independent Arts, 48-49 High Street, Newport, Isle of Wight PO30 1SE or an email to [email protected] within 60 of days after the date of the closing date of the prize draw or competition.
19. Independent Arts reserves the right to hold void, cancel, suspend, or amend the promotion where it becomes necessary to do so.
20. Insofar as is permitted by law, Independent Arts, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of the Independent Arts, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
Data protection and publicity
22. By entering, you agree that any personal information provided by you with your entry may be held and used by the Independent Arts or its agents and suppliers to administer the competition.
23. All our prize draws and competitions will be governed by English law and entrants to the prize draw submit to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
24. Independent Arts reserves the right to update these Terms and Conditions from time to time and any updated version will be effective as soon as it is published on the website.